Oregon Community Foundation respects your privacy and appreciates the trust that you have in our Foundation. The following information disclosed our information gathering for this website: www.oregoncf.org.
Our intention is to provide you with a safe and secure experience on our website. If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also reach us at:
Oregon Community Foundation
1221 SW Yamhill St. Suite 100
Portland, OR 97205
Or by telephone at:
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device that allows us to recognize and remember your settings, preferences, and the way in which you use our site. It is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive, tablet or mobile device.
When you visit our site, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies.
There are different types of cookies and we list the ones OCF uses on our website.
Some cookies come directly from our website and others come from third parties that place cookies on our site. Cookies can be stored for varying lengths of time on your
browser or device. Session cookies are deleted from your computer or device when you close your web browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer or device until deleted or until they reach their expiry date.
- Recognizing when you log in and restoring any preferred settings you’ve selected.
- Giving you a browsing experience that is unique to you and serves you content
- which we believe improves your site experience.
- Analyzing how you use our site which helps us optimize user experiences,
- troubleshoot any problems, and monitor our own performance.
We have four varieties of cookies which operate on our website:
1. The essentials
Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. For example, these cookies allow you to log into your Oregon Community Foundation MyOCF account and register for events and securely contribute funds. Without these cookies, some parts of the site just won’t work as they should.
2. The customizers
3. The performance improvers
These cookies from Google Analytics tell us about how you use the site and they help us to make it better. For example, these cookies count the number of visitors to our website, show us how visitors move around when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily and enabling us to optimize performance across devices and browsers used.
If you do nothing during your visit but browse, read pages, or download information, our site's operating system will automatically record the following information about your visit.
- The Internet domain for your Internet service, such as "company.com" or "company.net" if you use a private Internet access account, or "college.edu" if you connect from a school, college or university domain.
- Whether you used a mobile device to access the website and what it was (e.g., “Apple iPhone XR” or “Google Pixel 2 XL”).
- The type of browser that you use (e.g., "Internet Explorer 11" or "Firefox").
- The type of operating system that you use (e.g., Windows or Macintosh).
- The date and time you visit our site, and the pages you visit on our site.
- Your general geolocation at the time of access.
- The address of the previous website you visited, if you linked with us from another website.
4. The targeters
These cookies (also called advertising cookies) are used to deliver advertised content which is relevant to you and they can be used to track the effectiveness of our ad campaigns on third party websites. These cookies are placed on our site by our third-party service providers and they may remember your web browsing activity and may be used to understand your demographics, such as age and gender. Only anonymized information is captured and used and the purpose is to provide you with content which is relevant to you.
We also use an advertiser cookie for Facebook. This is an advertiser cookie and a performance improver cookie. It allows us to place advertising content onto Facebook which is relevant to you based on the information which your web browsing patterns allow Facebook to infer. This information is never connected to your profile and it is always anonymous. You can read more and change your preferences on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/.
You can control and opt-out of Facebook adverts and other third party cookies here: https://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices
How do you change cookie preferences or block cookies?
Within your browser, you can choose whether you wish to accept cookies or not.
Different browsers make different controls available to you. Generally, your browser will offer you the choice to accept, refuse or delete cookies at all times, or those from providers that website owners use i.e. third party cookies or those from specific websites. Each browser’s website contains instructions on how you can do this. Links to instructions for common browsers are below.
- Chrome: Clear, enable, and manage cookies in Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Firefox: Enable and disable cookies that websites use to track your preferences https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Manage cookies and website data in Safari on Mac https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Internet Explorer: Delete and manage cookies https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Microsoft Edge, browsing data, and privacy https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy
If you block cookies on our website, you may be unable to access certain areas of our website and certain functions and pages will not work in the usual way.
We may update this policy from time to time. If we make significant changes we will let you know but please regularly check this policy to ensure you are aware of the updated version.